I found there is a lack on how to run customised play framework in the internet. This is what I found,
Base Play version: bv; The play version which your play project based on: pv; Sbt-version specified in your play project’s build.properties: sv; your customised play version, cv;
0. Download the play binary’s and dependencies. (not required maybe)
1. Download the source of base versioned as bv;
2. Change the source code of bv as whatever you want;
3. Compile your play as specified in play docs (must be the same bv); sth. like ./build; public-local etc. your customised play will be available in .ivy2/local
4. Make sure your pv is the same as bv. Otherwise do a upgrade according to the docs. Note, if pv is different from bv, some manual work needs to be done such as change sv, different syntax in build.sbt, different play commands activator /play run, etc.
5. Make your project depends on your customised play, by adding
resolvers ++= Seq(
Resolver.file(“Local Repository”, file(“/YOUR PATH/.ivy2/local”))(Resolver.ivyStylePatterns),
//// Use the Play sbt plugin for Play projects
addSbtPlugin(“com.typesafe.play” % “sbt-plugin” % “cv”)
Note the cv is used for sbtplugin to identify the customised play build.